Date(s) - 02/12/2019
1:00 pm - 2:30 pm
While severance agreements, when used properly, can be an invaluable tool for employers, they can also be a trap for the unwary. For example, an improperly drafted release agreement could be invalidated and of no effect. Some severance packages are subject to ERISA laws. Some employers find themselves ordered by a court to provide severance pay or benefits even though they do not have a written severance agreement. This webinar examines the most up-to-date strategic, legal, and financial considerations employers need to consider when offering severance arrangements in case of employee termination.
WHY SHOULD YOU ATTEND
You will learn what you need to be aware of when structuring severance arrangements in order to protect your company’s legitimate interests. Also learn when it is in your company’s interests to offer a severance package.
- Common severance myths
- The difference between severance agreements, severance packages and severance plans
- Key elements of a severance agreement and language that should be considered for most severance agreements
- The EEOC and severance agreements
- An overview of the special rules applying to older workers–who’s protected by the Older Workers Benefit Protection Act, and what it means to you
- Discrimination issues
- Affordable Care Act and COBRA Issues
- ERISA considerations
- Case examples
A properly constructed severance agreement and package can help you manage a former employee’s post-termination activity, and minimize your risk of lawsuits from disgruntled employees. It also ensures that you only provide payments and benefits you actually intended to provide.
WHO WILL BENEFIT
CEO’s, Senior Managers, Business Owners, Hiring Managers, All HR professionals, recruiters.
For more detail please click on this below link:
Toll Free: +1-888-300-8494