Date(s) - 05/16/2019
HIPAA webinars, discussions, and presentations are usually addressed from the perspective of what the HIPAA regulations entail, the necessity of compliance with the regulations, and the consequences of HIPAA violations, willful neglect or non-compliance.
This presentation addresses HIPAA regulations from a different perspective — from a personal perspective — from the perspective of the person in charge of moving an organization or facility toward full compliance with HIPAA. The by-product of this presentation will be both an understanding of, and a detailed job description for, a position mandated in the regulations — the HIPAA Security/Privacy Officer.
WHY SHOULD YOU ATTEND
The HIPAA regulations are numerous, complicated, often vague, and affect every person working in a healthcare facility. Compliance with HIPAA privacy and security rules will require a unique individual to lead the charge — an individual whose education, background, experience, and demonstrated skill sets offer the opportunity for that person to succeed in achieving the goals of that position.
This is a new position to most healthcare facilities. So understanding who this person should be, what is required of the person with this job title, and with whom this person will interface is vital to every healthcare organization with the goal of achieving full compliance with HIPAA regulations.
- Position goals
- Position requirements (education, experience, skill sets, etc.)
- HIPAA Privacy Officer responsibilities-
- Stay abreast of HIPAA regulations
- Initiate compliance with HIPAA privacy and security rules (according to regulations)
- Ensure continuous progress toward full compliance
- Develop appropriate security/privacy policies & procedures
- Oversee and deliver appropriate training programs to all employees
- Track compliance with HIPAA regulations at the facility & individual levels
- Track access to PHI
- Investigate and resolve HIPAA violations
- Apply sanctions to HIPAA violators
- Manage any information security personnel
- Prepare a department budget
- Hold Business Associates accountable for their own compliance with HIPAA
- …. and the list goes on
Learn about the HIPAA Privacy Officer responsibilities and what skill sets are needed to help the organization comply with HIPAAprivacy and security rules. This HIPAA compliance training for officers will help the healthcare organizations stay compliant and operate effectively.
WHO WILL BENEFIT
- Someone interested in becoming a HIPAA Security/Privacy Officer
- Someone who will make the decision for hiring a person for this position
- Practice/Hospital Administrators
- MDs and healthcare professionals
- IT professionals
- Facility managers
- Business Associates of healthcare facilities
- Any person who deals directly or indirectly with PHI
Use Promo Code MKT10N and get flat 10% discount on all purchases
For more detail please click on this below link:
Toll Free: +1-888-300-8494