Date(s) - 05/26/2020
1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Ms. Nash-Hoff’s presentation will cover how supply chain dynamics are affecting the decision of where to source manufacturing. She will discuss such factors as how hidden direct and indirect costs, transportation costs, the threat of intellectual property theft, and quality problems affect offshoring, as well as how the tariffs on steel and aluminium are changing the status quo. She will present a true understanding of the “Total Cost of Ownership” (TCO) concept and share why more and more companies are either choosing to restore their manufacturing to America or near source in Mexico. The highlight of the presentation will be several real case stories of companies that have either returned work to the U.S. from offshore suppliers or sourced production in Mexico
- Understanding when it is appropriate to offshore manufacturing
- Learning what factors are changing supply chain dynamics
- Learning what is making offshoring less attractive
- Learning what factors may make it advantageous to near-source in Mexico
- Learning about the concept of the total cost of ownership
- Learning what are the advantages of sourcing in the U.S.
- Learning why companies are reshoring to the U.S.
- Considering case studies of companies making different sourcing decisions
It is crucial for American companies to make the right decision on where to source manufacturing. Choosing the wrong location can mean the difference between success and failure as a company. Companies need to learn how important it is to carefully consider all of the factors that impact the decision of where to source manufacturing.
This session will discuss when it is appropriate to offshore manufacturing, when it may be advantageous to near-source in Mexico, and when it is more beneficial to return manufacturing to America by reshoring. As a result, attendees will have a clear understanding of the advantages and disadvantages of offshoring vs. reshoring vs. near-sourcing to make the right decision for their company.
- Advantages/Disadvantages of sourcing offshore in China
- Advantages/Disadvantages of near sourcing to Mexico
- Advantages of sourcing in the U.S.
- What is the total cost of ownership?
- Why companies are reshoring to the U.S.?
- Case studies of offshoring, near sourcing, and reshoring
- Presidents/CEOs/CFOs, owners and/or managers of Original Equipment Manufacturers and contract manufacturers
- Owners, managers, and procurement personnel of job shop companies that are Tier 2 and below suppliers to OEMs.
- Supply chain professionals
- Purchasing managers, supervisors, purchasing agents, buyers
Michele is the founder and president of ElectroFab Sales, a sales agency specializing in helping manufacturers select the right processes for their products since 1985. She is currently a director on the board of the American Jobs Alliance, and the board of the San Diego Inventors Forum. She is Chair of the California chapter of the Coalition for a Prosperous America.
For more detail please click on this below link: