Date(s) - 03/26/2020
1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Pregnancy discrimination in workplace involves treating a woman (an applicant or employee) unfavorably because of pregnancy, childbirth, or a medical condition related to pregnancy or childbirth. The Pregnancy Discrimination Act (PDA) is an amendment to Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. Discrimination on the basis of pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions constitutes unlawful sex discrimination under Title VII. Women affected by pregnancy or related conditions must be treated in the same manner as other applicants or employees who are similar in their ability or inability to work.
WHY SHOULD YOU ATTEND
Effective administration of human resource programs and activities related to employees who are pregnant and or who may be returning to work are necessary to ensure compliance with Federal and State Law. Attend this webinar to learn about the Pregnancy Discrimination Act guidelines, including the rights and responsibilities of the employees and employers.
All companies, employees and applicants for employment that want to learn about who is covered under the Pregnancy Discrimination Act (PDA) should attend this webinar to obtain a clear understanding about their obligations, rights and responsibilities under the law.
- The History of The Pregnancy Discrimination Act (PDA)
• What specific employers are covered under this act and their responsibilities under the PDA guidelines
• Recent court decisions
• What employees are covered under this act and their responsibilities
• What leave is provided to covered employees
• Returning to work, pregnancy rights in workplace, responsibilities of the employee and employer
WHO WILL BENEFIT
- All public agencies, including state, local and federal employers, local education agencies (schools)
• Private-sector employers who employed 50 or more employees
• Joint employers and successors of covered employers
• Federal contractors with 50 or more employees
• HR professionals
• Financial Officers
• In-House Counsel
• Affirmative Action/EEO Officers
• New sanitation or quality supervisors
• Operations or maintenance managers/supervisors
• Senior management
- Harold Levy, President of Levy and Levy Enterprises, is a national and international speaker, trainer, consultant and recognized expert on civil right issues, human resources, leadership and management. Mr. Levy has over 25 years of experience in the profession, most recently as the Eastern Regional Business Enterprise Analyst for the Pennsylvania Department of General Services. Some of his clients include major pharmaceutical corporations, police departments, colleges and universities, manufacturers, high-tech companies, product and service organizations and state and county governmental agencies.
Use Promo Code SPRS20 and get flat 20% discount on all purchases.
To Register (or) for more details please click on this below link:
Toll Free: +1-888-300-8494