Date(s) - 04/30/2019
Ms. Nash-Hoff’s presentation will cover how supply chain management is affecting the decision of where to source manufacturing. She will discuss such factors as hidden direct and indirect costs. Transportation costs, threat of Intellectual Property theft, quality problems, and the new tariffs on steel and aluminum are changing the status quo.
She will present a true understanding of the “Total Cost of Ownership” (TCO) concept and share why more and more companies are either choosing to reshore their manufacturing or nearsource in Mexico. The highlight of the presentation will be several real case stories of companies that have either returned work to the U.S. from offshore suppliers or sourced production in Mexico.
WHY SHOULD YOU ATTEND
It is crucial for American companies to make the right decision on where to source manufacturing. Choosing the wrong location can mean the difference between success and failure as a company. Companies need to learn how important it is to carefully consider all of the factors that impact the decision of where to source manufacturing.
This session will discuss when it is appropriate to offshore manufacturing and when it may be risky to do so. The presentation will discuss the factors that are changing the supply chain management strategies and making offshoring less attractive. It will discuss factors that may make it advantageous to nearsource in Mexico rather than offshore or manufacture in America.
The session will show how supply chain personnel and CFOs can play key roles in educating companies on how to assess the true costs of offshoring vs. reshoring vs. nearsourcing. It will clarify which steps to consider while deciding where to source manufacturing.
- Advantages/Disadvantages of sourcing offshore in China
- Advantages/Disadvantages of near sourcing to Mexico
- Advantages of sourcing in USA
- What is Total Cost of Ownership
- Why companies are reshoring to USA
- Case studies of offshoring, nears ourcing, and reshoring
Attendees will have a clear understanding of the advantages and disadvantages of offshoring vs. reshoring vs. nearsourcing.
WHO WILL BENEFIT
- Presidents/CEOs/CFOs, owners and/or managers of Original Equipment Manufacturers and contract manufacturers
- Owners, managers, and procurement personnel of job shop companies that are Tier 2 and below suppliers to OEMs.
- Supply chain professionals
- Purchasing managers, supervisors, purchasing agents, buyers
Use Promo Code MKT10N and get flat 10% discount on all purchases
For more detail please click on this below link:
Toll Free: +1-888-300-8494