Date(s) - 07/06/2020 - 08/19/2020
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
OfficeInc! 54 Cedar Point Drive, Barrie ON L4N 5R7 Unit 1207
WHO CAN BENEFIT FROM THIS COURSE?
This 21-hour certification is designed for Grades 10-12 educators, social workers, psychotherapists, coaches, parents and any individual interested in integrating an evidence-based Social and Emotional Learning and secular mindfulness program in their work and/or a personal setting.
Attendance: Mandatory for all in-class and online sessions
Duration: 21 hours
Skill Level: All levels, personal meditation practice required
Assignments: 10 hours
Practicum: 6 sessions with a minimum of 8 people.
Certification: Yes, after all the successful completion of all course requirements.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- ☆ Facilitation skills and strategies to lead 12 evidence-based session plans and practices rooted in mindfulness and social & emotional learning (SEL).
- ☆ Facilitation strategies to conduct age-appropriate discussions that support individuals in building upon their inherent strengths and social-emotional competence.
- ☆ Strategies to create a shared learning environment, catalyze key program discussions and strengthen peer connections.
- ☆ Develop and deepen a personal mindfulness practice as well as learn the techniques necessary to lead others.
- ☆ Learn present moment tools to better manage challenging emotions, stress and anxiety as well as develop the skills to share and apply them with others.
WHAT YOU’LL RECEIVE
- ☆ One Facilitator Training Manual with instructions and strategies to effectively lead the Mindfulness Ambassador Program to your audience.
- ☆ One Mindfulness Ambassador Program Participant Workbook complete with 12 evidence-based session plans and take away practices.
- ☆ Eight Practicum Workbooks for facilitating six practice sessions in your community.
- ☆ Individual instruction and mentoring support on program delivery.
- ☆ Access to program evaluations, partnership development documents, marketing materials and resources for future learning.