Date(s) - 09/16/2020
1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
The coronavirus disease (COVID-19) is impacting employers all across the US. Every organization should have a plan of action in place concerning operating in an environment dictated by the virus and its implications. This webinar by Jennifer Raphael Komsky, Esq. will provide legal and practical guidance on various workplace COVID-19 issues.
The Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA) and the Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security Act (CARES Act) have created new rights such as expanded family and medical leave and emergency paid sick leave that employers need to comply with. Employers today are also struggling with navigating worksite closures, layoffs, furloughs, and pay reductions. During the webinar, Jennifer will explore the impact of workforce reductions on CARES Act PPP loan forgiveness, what to do if an employee tests positive for COVID-19, and key employee benefits provisions under the CARES Act.
- New emergency paid FMLA leave and paid sick leave requirements
- FFCRA coverage scope, limits and exceptions for employers and employees
- Interrelation of FFCRA leave with regular FMLA leave
- Practical implementation issues, costs and risks to employers
- OSHA and CDC workplace recommendations
- Employment considerations in dealing with known or possible exposure
- Recurring ADA accommodation, confidentiality and medical screening issues
- FLSA and other wage and hour requirements regarding working from home
- Employment issues associated with shelter-in-place and similar orders
- Return to work considerations including testing, employee protection issues (including workers compensation considerations), paid leave, and ADA/Accommodation issues if an employee has underlying health issues.
- Employees refusing to return to work? What can and should you do?
- What to do if an employee (or someone close to them) tests positive for COVID or displays COVID symptoms.
- Other strategies for creating a new normal.
- Business Owner
- Human Resources Professional
- In-house Counsel
- CEO, COO, or any other individual charged with ensuring compliance with labor and employment laws.
Jennifer Raphael Komsky earned her B.S. in 1994 from the University of California, Santa Barbara and earned her J.D. degree in 1997 at the University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law. She was admitted to the State Bar in 1997. Current memberships include the State Bar of California and the Los Angeles County Bar Association.
For more detail please click on this below link: