Date(s) - 02/27/2019
1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
California statutes pertaining to meal and rest periods for non-exempt employees is one of the more confusing topics in today’s business environment.
This course is designed to provide you with a practical foundation for understanding the law. It includes guidelines for how to properly create and administer your own meal and rest period policy. Or, if your company already has its own policy, then this information can help you review your existing policy as well as the procedures and practices in “real life” daily operations.
By the end of the course, you will be informed about the California employment law so that you will be better-equipped to assist your company in being California-compliant with meal and rest periods.
WHY SHOULD YOU ATTEND
California meal break and rest break law continue to confound California employers with hourly-paid employees. Without a solid understanding of these specific requirements, your policies and procedures for your non-exempt employees can pose a substantial financial risk to your business.
Employers, managers, supervisors, and human resources professionals should have a sound understanding of California labor laws, 2019, so that they can communicate the legal requirements to their hourly-paid employees. As well, they need to be well-versed so that they can provide non-exempt employees with the opportunities to take their entitled meal and rest periods.
- Understand the basic requirements under California meal break and rest break law.
- Walk through the effects of the California Supreme Court decision of Brinker Restaurant Corporation v. Supervisor Court on meal and rest periods.
- Discuss specific sub-topics pertaining to waivers and on-duty meal periods; rest periods; and, on-call rest periods.
- Review common violations by employers in attempting to follow the law.
- Enumerate the penalties and remedies for violations under the California employment law.
- Review examples of recent settlements.
- Review best practices for compliance.
- Identify resources for further information about the requirements.
By attending this training, employers and their leaders will have a working knowledge of California meal break and rest break law and will be able to help their companies be compliant under the law.
WHO WILL BENEFIT
- Human Resources
- Labor Compliance
- Training and Development
- Talent Management
- Labor Law
- Employment Law
To Register (or) for more details please click on this below link:
Toll Free: +1-888-300-8494