Date(s) - 04/22/2020
3:00 pm - 4:30 pm
The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) was signed into law by George H.W. Bush in July 1990. The Act is a civil rights law that prohibits discrimination against individuals with disabilities in all areas of public life, including jobs, schools, transportation, and all public and private places that are open to the general public. The purpose of the law is to ensure that people with disabilities have the same rights and opportunities as those provided to individuals on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, age, and religion.
Disability accommodation is an important and visible aspect of ethical business practices. ADA compliance will ensure your organization is operating in an ethical manner.
WHY SHOULD YOU ATTEND
Non-compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) can prove to be costly for employers. Penalties in excess of hundreds of thousands of dollars for non-compliance put employers at substantial risk. Can your organization afford to be non-compliant?
This webinar will provide participants with a comprehensive understanding of the Americans with Disabilities Act and will explain the importance of ADA compliance and the consequences of non-compliance. Participants will gain a solid understanding of the ADA’s disability accommodation process and the interactions between Federal and State laws.
- What is the Americans with Disabilities Act?
• Titles I through V of the Act
• Which agencies enforce Titles I through V?
• Definitions of terms used in the Act
• Major life activities outlined in the Act
• Conditions considered to be disabilities under ADA
• Conditions excluded from the definition of disability
• The accommodation process
• Concept of reasonable accommodations for employees with disabilities
• Limitations on the obligation to make reasonable accommodations
• Service animals
• Fragrance sensitivity
• Website guidelines
• Marijuana and the ADA standards
• HR’s role in enforcing provisions of ADA
• Maintaining existing production and performance standards for an employee with a disability
• Interactions between Federal & State law
• Recordkeeping requirements for employers
• Posting requirements
• Proposed future changes to ADA laws
- Familiarization with the Americans with Disabilities Act in order to ensure your employer is not in violation of the Act
• An understanding of employer’s, applicants’, and employees’ rights and duties under the Act
• Changes to the ADA laws effective January 1, 2020
WHO WILL BENEFIT
- Senior Leadership
• Human Resource Managers
• Managers and Supervisors
• Compliance Professionals
• Operations Professionals
• Benefits Professionals
Diane L. Dee, President of Advantage HR Consulting, LLC has over 25 years of experience in the Human Resources arena. Diane’s background includes experience in Human Resources consulting and administration in corporate, government, consulting and pro bono environments. Diane founded Advantage HR Consulting, LLC in early 2016. Under Diane’s leadership, Advantage HR provides comprehensive, cost-effective Human Resources solutions for small to mid-sized firms in the greater Chicagoland area. Additionally, Diane conducts webinars on a wide-variety of HR topics for various compliance training firms across the country.
Use Promo Code TDES20 and get flat 20% discount on all purchases.
To Register (or) for more details please click on this below link:
Toll Free: +1-888-300-8494