Date(s) - 08/12/2020
1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
What is the cost when we don’t? Indifference, an appearance of a lack of respect for others and self-respect for the person. Uncivil behavior, (rude, uncaring) left unaddressed, begins a downward spiral you and your employees can’t afford. Incivility, leads to workplace gossip, harassment, rumors, and then to bullying, and ultimately, what we see too much in the news every day now, disrespectful behavior, sexual harassment and negative work environment. This workplace civility training program covers how you can communicate the best attributes of respect and civil, conscious, caring behavior to and by everyone. The payback is better relationships and client appreciation.
WHY SHOULD YOU ATTEND
The world has changed this year. Respect is now how we interact, or don’t, with everyone, how we care about how we can impact others in a very negative way. Respect and civil behaviors now is: social distancing, self-isolation, containment, testing, PPE, curb side pickup, quarantining, zooming, senior’s hours, bonus (patriot) pay for front line essential workers. It is caring about how you could impact others by personal contact, by not passing on COVID-19. We still need personal respect driven by responsible civility in the workplace. It is stopping the covidiots as we struggle to get off the corona coaster of fear. We must care about how we interact with people. Respect comes from being trusted – in you, your company and product and service.
Loss of trust. Objectionable behavior leads to workplace imbalances and negative work environment. Surveys have shown that because of the #MeToo and excessive news on the subject, up to 50% of male managers are now uncomfortable in work activities with women, over 30% are uncomfortable working alone with a woman, and 20% of male managers are uncomfortable mentoring women.
Bad, offensive, disrespectful behavior creates more bad behavior, increases turnover and lowers productivity. Incivility is all about rudeness to others and being courteous and respectful. It is up to you to prevent bad behavior by how you lead and manage your people. This presentation is how to change the viewing of this person and their behavior to where you move them to be solution orientated. Respect reduces stress, and it drives up trust, engagement, creativity and productivity. If you want to produce and deliver a caring, supportive, respectful, engaging and empowering stress free and productive environment, consistently, you need to learn how to:
1. Understand what creates bad behavior in the first place and what it escalates to
2. Exercise the power of choice with the eight options you have
3. How to tell when someone is lying to you and how to confront it
4. How to identify and control harassment and bullying in the workplace
5. Practice the world’s two most powerful skills for gaining control of the situation
6. Stop having managers inadvertently reward negative behavior and the four types of problem employees
7. Learn how to calm down destructive behavior by using empathy and direct communication
8. S.A.M.: Adopt how to engage, empower & motivate in 3 effective and logical steps called S.A.M.
9. Take the 3 self-tests that drive up engagement, loyalty, retention
10. Learn why and how you can coach for behavioral improvement
- Free PDF version of E-Book:
Why Trust Me? Making Trust Your Competitive Edge
• Self-Test: Rating Your Soft Skill Leadership Attributes
(employee loyalty focus)
• Self-Test: Confidential Leadership Empowerment Survey
• COACH – Coaching Skills Self-Assessment
(how to coach, empower, be coached)
• My L.I.S.T. – how to get to know the driving/ motivation side of an
• A link to all the complimentary resources on the Bruce Lee Web Site
• Complimentary 30 minute coaching call on an issue related to this topic
Don’t let anyone get comfortable by disrespecting you, your work skills, your ethnic background, your soft skills in leadership and communication, your department, or your work team. Uncivil and disrespectful behavior, when left unchecked, becomes the culture of being rude, indifferent and uncaring. This generates the rumors and gossip in the workplace. Gossip is someone trying to level the playing field by taking away what someone else has, fairly or unfairly, or to get what they don’t have, and think they should have. They become rude. Rudeness is the weak person’s imitation of strength and a sledgehammer by others who know how to use it. Left unchecked, this can lead to bullying, harassment and then sexual harassment, creating a toxic workplace culture, and when publicized, a bad reputation that requires expensive damage control. Over-worked, dis-engaged and undisciplined staff do more harm to your reputation and employee productivity than you can afford. A workplace culture of tolerating a bad attitude by one or more employees is not acceptable. The cause of the employee attitude is generated from how they are treated at work, a seeming lack of respect of them. Is it you or is it the other person that is the real problem? Respect comes from dealing with the situation when it becomes evident. This workplace civility training program is how to change the viewing of this person and their behavior to where you move them to be solution orientated. Respect reduces stress, and it drives up trust, engagement, creativity and productivity.
WHO WILL BENEFIT
This is appropriate for anyone who is in leadership and/or involved in creating, improving and support a respectful workplace culture. This includes HR and training officers. The cost to companies in employee absences due to bulling and harassment, is billions in lost wages and productivity.
Years of Experience: 29+ Years
Areas of Expertise: Time Management, Employee Training, Retention and Motivation, Generational Diversity, Client Retention, and Career Growth
Bruce Lee has been educating and inspiring audiences with practical and proven information they can immediately implement into the personal and professional lives and for improved business growth or efficiency. A varied business and leadership background provides him proven experience that clients can relate to. The solid business background from a good cross section of industry includes:
- Charter Bank branch management, with special projects assigned from time to time of mortgage lending departments and seasonal savings bond drives,
- Manager / Resident Representative for the VISA credit card Division of a legacy Bank, in charge of the entire Province of Alberta
- Senior marketing representative for a fully integrated Canadian oil and gas company, which included expanding the market share and building retail stations
- Grew an executive recruiting company from three employees to over 20, and set up a remote recruiting office in England
- Set up, owned and managed a 24 hour a day, 365 days a year retail convenience store and gas bar business
- As a hobby, organizes and chairs election campaign at every level of government
- Active on several community associations in a leadership / board member role
He has been providing education keynotes, workshops and webinars all across North America full time for the past 27 years. Bruce now follows his passion – working with individuals and organizations to get the results they need to grow their careers and enhance their business success. He shares practical, real life examples on the most current topics people need, and each presentation includes a variety of complimentary additional resources, articles and tools to support the content and measure skill levels.
The focus is on improving engagement and teambuilding with the added value of aligning corporate strategy to create high performance employees. The results are increased productivity for individuals, departments, and organizations; higher profitability; and increased customer and client satisfaction. Above all, the intent of every presentation is to ensure implementation of the ideas and strategies to move people ahead with a realizable return on their education event investment. Otherwise, why provide the training?
Clients include business, Government, education, non-profit associations and health care.
In 2016 Bruce published his first book: Why Trust Me? Making Trust Your Competitive Edge.
Use Promo Code SUMS20 and get flat 20% discount on all purchases.
To Register (or) for more details please click on this below link:
Toll Free: +1-888-300-8494