Date(s) - 03/25/2020
1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
NACHA Same Day ACH (SDA) was implemented in three phases, beginning Sept of 2016 and ending in March 2018. With this new option in the ACH Network it gave the Originator and ODFI an opportunity to send and settle payments on the same day for a small fee. With SDA fully implemented and due to a recently approved amendment to the Rules, SDA is expanding by adding a third window for processing SDA transactions and the dollar limit is increasing for a single SDA transaction.
This change impacts Originators, ODFI’s and RDFI’s – this session will outline the benefits and impacts that these changes bring to ACH processing.
WHY SHOULD YOU ATTEND
Recently approved amendments to the NACHA Operating Rules are expanding Same Day ACH by adding an additional window in which Same Day ACH (SDA) Entries can be transmitted. To remain in compliance with these changes and take advantage of the opportunities this change brings, it is crucial to know the impact of these changes and what they mean. This session will outline the upcoming changes and identify the impacts for all ACH participants affected by these changes.
Another change is increasing the dollar limit on a single SDA Entry from $25,000 to $100,000; this will affect ACH processing by adding more Entries (most likely B2B payments) into the network. Discussion during this session will include the impacts to the business and electronic payments going forward and how participants can take advantage of this change and benefit from making this a service available to their business customers.
In addition, a recently implemented NACHA Rules change to funds availability for ALL ACH Entries (both SDA and non-SDA entries) will affect the RDFI when processing ACH transactions and remaining in compliance with the changes to the NACHA Operating Rules in the near future.
- Outline the timing with adding the third processing window for SDA Entries
• Identify the impacts to the participants with this new amendment on expanding Same Day ACH Rule
• List the possibilities that become available with the increase in dollar limit for a single SDA Entry
• Define the process involved with adding an additional processing window for SDA when it comes to procedures and Rules compliance
• Provide timing for the RDFI to follow with the “faster” funds availability for both SDA and non-SDA Entries with this newly adopted Rules change
• Describe the potential impact to exception processing with the changes to Same Day ACH rule
Originators and ODFI’s in the ACH Network have options when sending ACH Entries, the legacy ACH payments network (with future dated transactions) and the Same Day ACH (SDA) Network. With the option to send SDA Entries, the opportunities for transactions that can be sent (based on recent amendments to the NACHA Operating Rules) are changing.
In addition to opportunities come the additional compliance requirements and ensuring that all participants are “in the know” for the Rules changes and the importance of the Effective Entry Date when transmitting ACH Entries (especially with the addition of the third processing window) effective in 2021.
This 60-minute Same Day ACH transactions training will outline all the details of SDA, how it works, the processing windows, the importance of the Effective Entry Date and the additional responsibilities for the RDFI when receiving SDA transactions.
Details on the possibilities for processing exceptions in the Same Day ACH Rule and how to take advantage of “faster returns” with the SDA windows.
WHO WILL BENEFIT
- ACH Operations staff (new and seasoned professionals)
• Banking Operations Managers and Staff
• Compliance and Risk Professionals
• Treasury Management Professionals
• Aspiring and Current AAPs (Accredited ACH Professionals)
• Originating Companies (Business Owners)
• Banking Managers/ Supervisors
• ACH Audit Personnel
Donna K Olheiser, AAP, is the vice president of Education Services and founder of Dynamic Mastership, LLC. She is an enthusiastic and energetic Certified Master Trainer with over 14 years’ training experience. She has designed and facilitated over 100 training sessions each year with her expertise being the rules for companies and financial institutions when processing electronic (specifically ACH) payments, then scheduling the events to facilitate and deliver the material through a variety of venues (webinars, teleseminars, in-person workshops, including regional and national conferences).
Use Promo Code SPRS20 and get flat 20% discount on all purchases.
To Register (or) for more details please click on this below link:
Toll Free: +1-888-300-8494